Sunday 31 October 2010

Thriller Research

I did some research on thriller openings for when I create my own and here are some that I found and want to take ideas from:


'The Dark Knight' (2008)



I liked the colour palette of this as the colours are subdued but the light is bright so everything is quite unsuspected.







'The Third Man' (1949)

I liked the simple font and I like the idea of the voice over and the many still pictures it opens with to set the scene. This is one of some possible ideas that I might use.






'The Third Man' (1949)

This is a dutch tilt or a canted angle and it is a shot I am considering to use in my thriller opening to unsettle the audience.






Orphan (2009)

I would like to have modern clothes in my thriller opening as period costumes aren't really that available to me.







Quantum of Solace (2008)

I like the storyline of Quantum of Solace as it has a hero.  At the moment I think that when I create my opening I will have a hero and he will do the voice over at the beginning.




The Dark Knight (2008)

I like the enigma that is represented in The Dark Knight.  This character is partly in shadow but wearing dark clothes. He is also carrying a clown mask which is either used in a circus or in a robbery. The bag he is carrying is suspicious as it is square and padded, it is clearly not a normal bag and it must be carrying something important or dangerous because of the padding.

No comments:

Post a Comment