Monday 3 January 2011

Feedback for First Rough Cut




I played the first rough cut to two members of my family and what they both said was that there were too many opening shots. So in my next rough cut I am going to remove all of the establishing shots/stills of the countryside and edit all the stills of the corpses into the action and narrative sequence to make the relationship between the main character and the photographs of the dead young people clearer. Some of the death shots were also quite similar and others were shots of the same person but in a different position and I realised that it didn't make much sense.

The sound at the end was a bit of a hiccup and will be cut out and there is a sound when the killer is walking through which will be edited or covered up in some way, maybe with the non-diagetic soundtrack that I will create, probably in Garageband.  I also intend making the photographs more obvious with the sound effect of a shutter click and some kind of flashlike transitions.

I still have to create the credits and may look at the Dafont website to see what fonts might suit the opening better.

No comments:

Post a Comment